These amazing & Instant Keto brownies are rich and delicious and will satisfy your chocolate cravings with just 1 net carb per brownie! Brownies don’t use a lot of flour normally, so making a keto version is not that different than making regular brownies and the final outcome is pretty similar too. While these don’t taste exactly the same as my favorite keto brownie recipe. Their taste is amazing and I am quite sure that many people would be able to even tell they are low carb and keto-friendly.
Sugar Substitute for Keto Brownies
For this recipe, I used erythritol Sweetener. I have not tested this recipe with other sugar replacements, but I think most that are erythritol-based like Swerve should work.
It is important is to make sure you use the confectioners rather than granular ones. Granular sugar works for traditional brownies, but because erythritol does not melt as well as granular sugar, you need the powdered version in these brownies or else it won’t melt into the batter.
Sugar Free Chocolate
The chocolate flavor in these brownies is a combination of cocoa powder and chocolate chunks. I don’t recommend leaving out the chocolate chunks because the brownies will be missing half of their chocolate flavor.
I like using Lily’s sugar free chocolate bars to make this recipe. I used the dark chocolate (70%) so it is a little more bitter. If you like something sweeter, you can use Lily’s milk chocolate bar instead.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee optional
- 10 tablespoons butter i.e. 1/2 cup
- 2 Tblsp i.e. 2 oz dark chocolate
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8×8 inch or 8×9 pan with parchment paper, aluminum foil or grease with butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, erythritol, and instant coffee. Be sure to whisk out all the clumps from the erythritol.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, Melt butter and chocolate for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until just melted. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla then gently whisk in the dry ingredients just until mixed through. Be careful not to over mix the batter or it will become cakey.ket
- Transfer batter into pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out moist. cool for at least 30 mins to 1 hour and slice into 16 small squares.
- Sweetener substitutes: replace Erythritol Sweetener with a 1:1 ratio of Powdered Swerve, powdered Xylitol or Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener.
- Make sure to use slightly warmed eggs. Cold eggs will cause the melted butter to harden and it will become very difficult to mix. Warmed eggs will melt into the batter and keep it liquid.
- I prefer to bake brownies in a light metal nonstick pan. Darker metal pans tend to cook the edges of the brownies too soon and glass pans tend to cook the brownies slower.
- The brownies are not that thick, so an 8 x 8-inch pan will produce the best results. A 9 x 9-inch pan will result in much thinner brownies.
- I grease the interior of the baking pan and then line the bottom with parchment paper, with the paper coming up two of the sides of the pan. This makes it easy to remove the entire brownie batch once it is fully baked so that you can slice them on a cutting board rather than attempting to slice them in the pan.
- Flour substitutes: replace almond flour with 2 tablespoons coconut flour if desired.
- Do not overbake the batter. If the batter looks jiggly, remove it from the oven after 25 minutes and it will set at room temperature. It is normal to see butter pooling on top of the brownies.
More Recipes to Enjoy!!
- Best Fudgy Almond Flour Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Collagen Brownies
- Flourless Eggless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Mocha Mug Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Heaven
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Super Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse |With Secrete Ingredient
- Healthy No-Bake Keto Snickers Bars
- Easy No-Bake Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Keto – Low Carb Bread
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey, we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.