These Keto-Low Carb Blueberry Lemon Muffins are made with simple gluten-free ingredients and bake up soft, moist and are easy to make. They’re perfect for spring, summer or anytime you’re craving a sugar-free, keto and paleo snack!
These Keto-Low Carb Blueberry Lemon Muffins bake up soft, fluffy and are the perfect sugar-free breakfast or afternoon snack. They’repaleo friendly as well and are 2 g net carbs each. The best part is how easy they are to make ahead, with all the ingredients mixed in one bowl.
Just like any other muffins, I would make I start by whisking all my dry ingredients together. It’s best to do this in a large clean bowl and then set it aside. Make sure there are no clumps of baking soda or almond flour. The Stevia sweetener also needs to be evenly distributed to give these muffins just the right texture. This recipe uses enough stevia to sub out 1/4 cup sugar. How much you use will depend on the brand and whether you use liquid or powder.
Please follow the lemon blueberry muffins recipe below. Even though it’s sugar-free, the blueberries and lemon peel add a ton of delicious flavor to the muffins while curbing your sugar cravings.
CAN YOU FREEZE KETO BLUEBERRY LEMON MUFFINS?
Yes, the great thing about these gluten-free blueberry lemon muffins is you can make them ahead and freeze them to enjoy throughout the week. Allow the almond flour blueberry muffins to cool completely then put them in an airtight freezer bag and freeze for up to three months.
Thaw them on the counter for 2-3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, then bring the muffins to room temperature or warm them up in the microwave.
CAN YOU SUBSTITUTE BLUEBERRIES WITH OTHER LOW CARB FRUIT?
Yes! This recipe for keto blueberry muffins would also work well with strawberries, raspberries or blackberries.
- use silicone muffin liners or parchment paper liners to ensure that the muffins do not stick – I always lightly grease my muffin liners with nonstick cooking spray as well
- once you add the wet ingredients, stir in slowly and until just combined to avoid a tough and dense muffin
- when adding your blueberries, gently fold in so they do not bleed or stay intact.
- 3 cups (360 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup ghee (120 ml), melted
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 Tablespoon Stevia
- 1 teaspoon (4g) baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon 15 ml coconut oil
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon 15 ml lemon juice, divided
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C) and place rack in the center position
- Place cupcake liners inside muffin tin or line muffin tin with parchment paper squares, set aside
- Melt ghee in mixing bowl
- Add almond flour, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest, stevia, baking soda, and salt, mix well
- Lastly, gently stir in blueberries
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan (to around3/4 full).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when you insert it into a muffin
- To make the topping, melt the coconut oil in a pan and then heat the blueberries until they soften. Add in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Remove from heat and top each muffin with a bit of the topping. Sprinkle lemon zest on top of each muffin and squeeze a dash of lemon juice on top of each muffin as well
Nutritional data per serving
Calories: 244 kcal | Fat: 23 g | Total Carbs: 6 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 2 g
Net Carbs: 3 g| Protein: 7 g
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We, food bloggers, need all the help we can get. Sharing of our recipes on social media would be highly appreciated and acknowledged which will motivate us further to work harder to upload the new recipes from time to time for our valuable followers!
More Recipes to Enjoy!!
- Sesame Seed Keto-Low Carb Bread | 1g Net Carb
- Canned Chicken Low Carb Pizza Crust | 1g Net Carb
- Tasty Keto Flourless Chocolate Torte
- Easy Keto Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Low-Carb Nutella Fudge
- Sugar-Free Low Carb- KETO Donuts
- Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Collagen Brownies
- Flourless Eggless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Mocha Mug Cake
- Homemade Keto Kit Kat Bars |Paleo, Vegan-Friendly
- Best Fudgy Almond Flour Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Keto – Low Carb Bread
- Gluten-free, Dairy-free & Keto Baked Donuts | Net Carb only 1g
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Super Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse |With Secrete Ingredient
- Healthy No-Bake Keto Snickers Bars
- Easy No-Bake Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls