These amazing and mouth-watering keto brownies are topped with a rich sugar-free peanut butter fudge and a sweet chocolate glaze. Perfect for any kind of occasions/ceremonies.
BUCKEYE BROWNIES GO LOW CARB
Are you a Buckeye fan? These are also known as Buckeye Brownies. That nut is the inspiration for buckeye candy, which is a ball of peanut butter fudge dipped in chocolate, made to resemble the buckeye nut.
Buckeyes are so beloved in Ohio and that love has extended far and wide so that now almost anything made with peanut butter and chocolate can be referred to as “buckeye”. I am not above exploiting that love of peanut butter and chocolate. Because I love it too and will eat just about anything made with these two ingredients. It’s hard for me to resist.
- Begin with the best, fudgiest, gooiest keto brownies around. I had a pretty great recipe back in the day but ever since I discovered using a little gelatin to improve the chewiness of my keto cookies and brownies, I’ve been using my Ultimate Keto Brownies recipe as the base for any brownie recipe.
- Use quality ingredients like Bob’s Red Mill almond flour. Not all almond flour is created equal, my friends. You may have heard me expound on this before and you will hear me expound on it again. Finely ground blanched almond flour is a MUST for all of your keto baked goods.
- Use the creamiest peanut butter you can find. A lot of natural peanut butters aren’t as creamy as I would like and have that thick layer of oil on the top.
- Both are very creamy and not overly oily, and make the peanut butter fudge layer on these brownies so creamy and delicious.
- Use enough powdered Swerve to thicken the peanut butter layer so that it’s spreadable but not too thin. You really want this to be like a fudge layer on top of the brownies.
- Make a creamy sugar free chocolate ganache to go on top. I did somewhere I spread the ganache and somewhere I just drizzled it. You could spread the whole batch with a thin layer of the chocolate ganache. Or you could do as I did and cut the peanut butter brownies up first, and then drizzle or spread as you see fit.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Cooling Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 35 mins
Keyword: buckeye brownies, peanut butter brownies
Servings: 16 servings
Calories: 248 kcal
At first, we will note down the ingredients and instruction and nutritional facts of Brownie Base:
Brownie Base Ingredient
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour about 50g
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips optional
Brownie Base Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sweetener, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, gelatin, baking powder, and salt and whisk until well combined. Stir in the water to thin the batter. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges, are set but the center still seems a tiny bit wet.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan.
Peanut Butter Fudge Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener sifted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate finely chopped
- 3 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, with an overhang for easy removal. Prepare the keto brownie batter as directed and pour into the pan. Bake the brownies as directed and let cool in the pan.
Peanut Butter Fudge:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt together peanut butter and butter. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Stir in powdered Swerve a little at a time until the mixture thickens to a spreadable consistency. Spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate 1 hour, until set.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream until just simmering. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes to melt.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Let sit a few minutes to thicken, then spread or drizzle over the peanut butter layer.
- Lift brownies out by edges of parchment paper and cut into squares.
More Recipes to Enjoy!!
- Best Fudgy Almond Flour Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Collagen Brownies
- Flourless Eggless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Mocha Mug Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Heaven
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Super Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse |With Secrete Ingredient
- Healthy No-Bake Keto Snickers Bars
- Easy No-Bake Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Keto – Low Carb Bread
- Paleo, Low carb Cinnamon DONUTS
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey, we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.