Enjoy hot dogs to their full potential with these Keto Hot Dog Buns. They are super easy to make and ready in under 20 minutes from start to finish! They are not only a healthy alternative to your typical hot dog bun but are also keto-friendly & gluten-free!
To make these buns you will need almond flour, parmesan cheese, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, mozzarella, butter, and an egg.
- These wiener huggers take no time to create, so you can enjoy hot dogs to their full potential within 20 minutes from start to finish.
- First things first, you’ll want to turn the oven on to 375 °.
- Now grab a medium-sized microwaveable bowl and add almond flour, parmesan cheese, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt.
- Give the mix a stir, then toss in the shredded mozzarella. Top with a tbsp of butter then microwave for 45 seconds.
- Mix with a wooden spoon, microwave for an additional 20 seconds then mix again. By now the
- mozzarella should be fully melted. If not? Microwave in 10-second increments until it is.
- Crack the egg into a small dish and whisk well. Remove 2 tsp of the egg and set aside, then pour the remaining egg into the almond flour/cheese. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour in the vinegar and knead until fully mixed.
- Dump the dough onto a non-stick baking mat lined baking sheet and form into a log. Divide the dough into four sections, then roll each section into a long log.
- Space the logs evenly around the baking sheet, then brush the set aside egg over the top of each log.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes to cool before slicing and filling with your hot dogs!
How to store Keto Hot Dog Buns
- These buns are best if eaten within the day, but can be kept in the refrigerator for about a week.
- I like to freeze any leftovers right after we eat to preserve their freshness. Simply toss the buns into a freezer-safe ziplock bag and freeze for 4-6 months! They thaw in no time, so you can just pull them out of the freezer a little while before you make your next round of hot dogs.
Frequently asked questions
Can you eat hot dogs on the keto diet?
Yes, we can!! Depending on your own variation of the keto diet, you’ll want to be careful which varieties you buy. Strict keto is all about unprocessed foods so look for a natural hot dog without all the extra garbage you find in cheap hot dogs.
How many net carbs are in a hot dog bun?
- A typical white hot dog bun has 24 g net carbs.
- One of these Keto Hot Dog Buns? 2 g net carbs!
Is ketchup Keto-friendly?
- That completely depends on the ketchup you buy.
- Most ketchup is basically made from sugar. It’s crazy the amount that is used to make this delicious sauce… no wonder it’s so good, right?
- There are brands that make ‘no sugar added’ ketchup like Heinz or Primal Kitchen that totally works for the keto diet, though you still have to be careful how much you eat.
- Alternatively, you can make instant Homemade Keto/Low Carb Ketchup
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 ½ tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 50 g grated mozzarella ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 egg divided
- ½ tsp white vinegar
Microwave Safe Bowl
Baking Sheet with Non-Stick Baking Mat or Parchment Paper
Heat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper, then set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt.
Whisk then toss in grated mozzarella. Place butter on top, then microwave for 45 seconds.
Mix with a wooden spoon, microwave for an additional 20 seconds then mix again.
Crack the egg into a small dish and whisk well. Remove 2 tsp of the egg and set aside, then pour the remaining egg into the almond flour/cheese. Fold the egg in until fully combined.
Pour in the vinegar and knead until fully mixed.
Divide the dough into four sections, then roll each section into a long log and place evenly on the baking sheet. Brush with the remaining egg.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes to cool before slicing and filling with your hot dogs!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fiber from the total carbs to get 2 g net carbs per bun.
More Recipes to Enjoy!!
- Best Fudgy Almond Flour Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Collagen Brownies
- Flourless Eggless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Mocha Mug Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Heaven
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Super Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse |With Secrete Ingredient
- Healthy No-Bake Keto Snickers Bars
- Easy No-Bake Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Keto – Low Carb Bread
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey, we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.